Monday, December 22, 2014

Paleo Waffles - that are amazing!!

Yummy...so these waffles taste like Eggos - no I'm not joking! Ok, it has been a long time since I have had a real Eggo but these are light, fluffy and crispy.
Here they are, light, fluffy, and crispy!

I had mine with maple syrup, coconut shreds, almond slices, banana slices, and cinnamon!

Here is how I made them!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Honeyville blanched Almond Flour ( I order on Amazon)
  • 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 Tbs. organic sugar or choice of sweetener
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 5 tbsp clarified butter (Trader Joe's brand) or grapeseed/coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
Mix it all up. Heat up the waffle iron. Oil the waffle iron. Make those yummy waffles. This only made us 2 1/2 large waffles. 

Original recipe found here. Brittany Angell's Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment