I prepare about 5 meals a week and sometimes double the meat of whatever dinner I’m making in an effort to make leftovers or easy dinners and lunches later in the week.
SlowCooker Carnitas with Pineapple Coleslaw
- Serve over Cilantro Lime Rice ( Whole30 uses Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice) , over a baked sweet potato, or a bed of lettuce
Pineapple Coleslaw Recipe adapted from Primally Inspired
One small bag shredded carrots and broccoli (TJ’s)
One small bag coleslaw
½ cup paleo mayo
1 ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups fresh diced pineapple
sea salt and pepper, to taste
· mix and refrigerate before serving, stays good for days
- This is one of my go to meals. I almost always have the ingredients on hand. It is a one pan meal, so easy clean up.
- Paprika is optional I prefer to leave it out. I also use almond meal instead of almond flour. I buy almond meal at Trader Joe’s. You can find unsweetened coconut shreds at Sprouts.
- These are another favorite in our family. They rewarm great as leftovers. I usually serve with sweet potato fries and a green veggie.