Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries Recipe

This is an easy, throw together recipe that we make so often. Every time I serve these everyone loves them.

What I use:

  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Seasonings - I always use Everyday Seasoning (Trader Joe's grinder, contains sea salt, mustard seed, black peppercorns, coriander, onion, garlic, paprika, chili pepper), Garlic Salt (Trader Joe's grinder), Italian Seasoning


How I do it:

  • Pre-heat oven to 350. 
  • I peel sweet potatoes and slice into coin shape, trying to keep the same thickness for each slice. If the sweet potato is fat I cut the slices in half. 
  • Throw them in a bowl
  • Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil - you want enough to coat each piece
  • Toss in season to taste - we like a lot!
  • Use your hands or a spoon to mix, you want all potatoes to be coated in oil and seasonings. 
  • Spread out in a single layer on a cookie sheet or bar pan - I use my Pampered Chef stone bar pan which makes these extra crispy and evenly baked on each side. I you use a metal pan make sure there is plenty of oil and flip them half way thru baking. 
  • Bake 25-35 minutes depending on the brown-ness you desire - I like them a little burnt :)
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment