Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sweet & Salty Chicken Nuggets - Gluten Free

These are the best flavor with the mix of the sweet cashew meal and the salty pretzels. This flavor was found on accident while I was mixing nuggets up one night and I grabbed cashew meal instead of almond meal (yes, you can make this recipe substituting almond meal for the cashew meal and have regular salty nuggets!)

This is a dry mix I keep in the pantry and I stock up on stir-fry cut chicken at Sprouts for an easy dinner or lunch. I love the convenience of having the chicken pre-cut.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup crushed gluten free pretzels
1/4 cup gluten free corn meal 
1/4 cup cashew meal (Trader Joe's baking section $2.99), don't have it, pulse some cashews in the food processor
Seasoning of choice - salt & pepper, garlic salt - I always use Everyday Seasoning (Trader Joe's)
1 egg 
1 package of Sprouts Chicken Stir Fry Cut, 1lb. (or pre-cut chicken breast) 



How to:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix crushed pretzels, cornmeal cashew meal & seasoning  in a bowl. Whisk egg in another bowl. Dip pre-cut chicken in egg and then in mixture. Place on cookie sheet (I love using my Pampered Chef stoneware) and bake for 6-8 minutes- until cooked thru. 

You can also throw in a skillet with olive or coconut oil and fry up. 

** I put dry mixture in bowl a little at a time so that any leftovers can be saved for another time and isn't exposed to the raw egg and chicken. Or you can make up a big batch of the dry mix and keep in pantry for quick chicken nuggets - I do this and can make up a batch of homemade nuggets as fast as frozen ones could bake! 

Beyeler boy, man, and mommy approved! 

Provides 2 adult servings or 4 kid servings. I double if making for dinner and use any leftovers in a salad the next day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment